Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Have I torn my rotator cuff?

I play softball and over the past four years I've felt a piercing pain in my shoulder grow higher in intensity. This past weekend I was playing in a game and it was the worst I've ever felt it. Just agonizing pain whenever I reach a certain point in my throwing motion. I would push through it but as I did my arm would start to shake pretty bad and the pain would radiate down my arm. I fielded a ball in a game and after I threw it I couldn't even raise my arm up afterward. It pretty much hurts so bad now that I can't throw at all. Also, whenever I raise my arm up and and stretch it to the side I feel the same piercing pain but not as severe as when I throw; and I pretty much always feel a low level of I wouldn't say pain but irritation all the time now, even just as I'm typing. The only thing that I think is weird is the pain comes and goes. I recently just finished up a high school season and my arm never hurt at all besides some minor tendinitis. But I play softball year round and like I said this specific piercing pain has come and gone with me. It usually gets really bad and then when I reach a month or so break it will go away and I don't know if it will come back when I start up again. I'm going to see a sports medicine doctor but I was just wondering if anyone could give me some input on what they think. Thanks a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment